The Play It Forward Campaign to renovate the Somerset field launched on September 27th, 2015. This fall/winter has been full of “Count Me In” Parties – exciting ways to contribute to the campaign while getting fit, learning something new and having a great time with friends and family!
Please remember to shop at the Whole Foods on River Road with your reusable bags and donate the refund to Nickels for Nonprofits, which has been designated to the campaign.
THANK YOU to all who have shared skills and passions, hosted events, attended events or shown your support in any way! The following Count Me In Parties have already taken place (and most have SOLD OUT!):
- Do you have a budding Serena Williams or Roger Federer in your midst, or just want your kids to give tennis a try? Book a lesson with Somerset Dad and former college tennis champion Shai Ingber on Saturday, October 24th. Sessions will be held at 4 pm and 5 pm. BUY YOUR TENNIS LESSON TICKETS NOW. SOLD OUT!
- Ever come home from a long day and wish a delicious, chef-prepared freshly-cooked meal for your family would appear on your doorstep? Well, that wish can come true when you order delivery from Galley on Wednesday, October 28th – and 20% of your purchase will be donated to the Somerset Elementary Play it Forward Campaign. Special thanks to Somerset Mom Jessica Lang for organizing this fundraising opportunity. GALLEY GIVES BACK TO SOMERSET FLYER. SOLD OUT!
- Capture a moment in time with your family this fall beautifully with a family photo session with Somerset Mom and family photography enthusiast Talah Wafa. Each session includes a half hour shoot with Talah in nearby Willard Park. She will then upload the edited digital files to a private gallery for each family to view and download. These will make great photographs to include in your holiday cards, or just beautiful keepsakes of your quickly growing kids for posterity. Sign up now for photo sessions on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8th or SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15th. SOLD OUT!
- Do you want to expand your palette and gain an in-depth knowledge of wine, all the while supporting the Play It Forward Campaign? Michelle and Peter High will be hosting a wine tasting at their home on Saturday evening, November 14th. The evening will include hors d’ouevres and a wine tasting presentation given by Somerset Dad and President of GiraMondo Wine Ventures, Laurent Guinand, Ph.D. BUY YOUR WINE TASTING TICKETS NOW SOLD OUT!
- Wouldn’t it be great to get your exercise routine in full gear the week before Thanksgiving? Join Somerset Moms and Master Instructors Allison Rashkin and Jessica Lang for a full-body, cycle-centric workout for your body and mind that will Rock Your Day on Saturday, November 21st @1pm. BOOK YOUR ZENGO BIKE NOW DONE!
- Give your kids (and your spouse!) a reason to think twice before they ask “Can you please buy me XX?” Somerset Mom Margie Cutler and Somerset Dad Matt Zaft, Executive Director at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, have joined forces to co-host a very useful personal finance session for both children (“Piggy Banks & Pizza”) and parents (“Personal Finance for Parents”). Read more details and BUY YOUR “WORKING THE DOUGH” TICKETS NOW DONE!
- Mark your calendars and plan to have dinner at the Chipotle in Friendship Heights with all of your family and friends on Monday, December 7, 2015 between 530-830 pm. Present this CHIPOTLE FLYER and 50% of all sales will go to the Play it Forward Campaign. Many thanks to Radha Cohen for organizing this fantastic opportunity! DONE!
- Join Somerset Moms Hala Abouassaly, Rudy Khreisat and Anne Chacour Hawkins for a Celebration of Lebanese Cuisine on Wednesday, February 3rd. Not only will you be able to taste many authentic culinary delights, Hala will also lead a cooking demonstration of some family favorites for you to recreate at home. BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW TO ENJOY AN EVENING OF LEBANESE CUISINE. DONE!
- Shake off the winter chill and Escape to Margaritaville on Saturday, February 20th! Somerset Parents Julia & Matt Kepniss and Jelena & David Mann co-host an evening of tropical drinks and inspired appetizers and sweets. Also included is an opportunity to walk away with fabulous door prizes. Don’t miss out on the fun! BUY YOUR ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE TICKETS NOW. DONE!
- Are you headed somewhere for Spring Break and want to feel your best? Increase your core strength by joining Somerset Mom and certified Pilates instructor Jen Ferguson for “Pilates Mat with Props” class(es) on 4 consecutive Saturdays @11 am, from February 27th to March 19, 2016 at Core Studios in Bethesda. BUY TICKETS FOR ANY SESSION(S) THAT WORKS WITH YOUR SCHEDULE, OR ALL FOUR NOW! DONE!