The Spring Fiesta brought together over 140 Somerset ES parents and school staff on May 21st to enjoy a fun evening of light appetizers, cool drinks and festive music! Not only was a good time had by all, but the event raised over $13k for our school foundation!
Thank you to all who attended and contributed to the success, with special thanks to:
- Anna Deeny and Greg Locraft, who were incredibly gracious hosts and shared their stunning home.
- Nancy Kadowitz who led the party planning effort and all members of the team: Liz O’Donnell, Elaine Akst, Anna Deeny, and Anne Hawkins.
- Liz O’Donnell and Tracy Jeffcott who organized the silent auction, as well as all of the teachers and parents who were so generous in donating the auction items, and all the parents who bid on the items. The auction alone raised close to $6k!
- Phyllis and Jonathan Wiesenfelder, Long & Foster Real Estate who were the lead sponsors of the party.
- The team of Westland Middle School students who helped throughout the evening.
- And all the members of the Somerset Foundation Board who contributed the sangria, beer & wine and together co-hosted the evening.
- FIELD DONATIONS NOW TOTAL 80%. Thanks to the generosity of current and past Somerset Elementary families, neighborhood associations, local realtors and businesses, 80% of the target $550k has now been pledged or donated! But in order to break ground this summer, YOUR DONATION is needed by December 31.
- SPECIAL PTA FUNDRAISING MATCH: To help us get us to the end zone, the Somerset PTA is pledging an additional $25,000 — for a December donor match. Every new dollar that is given, up to $25,000, will be matched by PTA funds. Every donor and every dollar matters. Give any amount and get matched.
- DECEMBER 1, 2015 – #givingTuesday – is the BEST day to donate to the Play It Forward field campaign! On this day ONLY, all online donations to the campaign will be topped up by our online processing company, Network for Good. All you need to do to take advantage of this special bonus is to click on the DONATE NOW button on your right and donate on December 1st!
- COME TO AN EVENT:
– Personal Finance Session for Kids and Adults on Saturday, December 5th from 4-6:30pm. Buy your tickets now.
– Plan to have dinner at Chipotle on Monday, December 7th and present this flyer.
THANK YOU to all families who have contributed, hosted events, attended events or shown your support in any and every way! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
On November 20, 2015, Katherine Coleman, Co-Chair of the Play It Forward Field Campaign, handed over a check to Seth Adams, Director, Division of Construction, Depart of Facilities Management at MCPS, thus officially commencing the design phase for a new turf field at Somerset Elementary. During the last few months, a team including members from MCPS, the Somerset Foundation, and the Somerset PTA worked together to select Nobis Engineering, Inc. to conduct this work, which will begin with a survey/basesheet development and a geotechnical investigation. The design phase is funded by the Somerset PTA’s allocation of reserves to the field campaign. Fundraising for the construction phase has strong momentum and is ongoing. Every dollar counts and your support will make a very tangible difference!
The Play It Forward Campaign to renovate the Somerset field launched on September 27th, 2015. This fall is full of “Count Me In” Parties – exciting ways to contribute to the campaign while getting fit, learning something new and having a great time with friends and family! The first four events have SOLD OUT, so buy your tickets early!
LEARN MORE AND BUY TICKETS HERE