Grants Made at November 2018 Meeting:
- Wings Mentorship program, supporting gifted/learning disabled children in MCPS – $2,000
- Whetstone Elementary School reading program – $2,218
Grants made at September 2018 Meeting:
- Books for Somerset third-grade classrooms: $198.
- BrainPOP educational web site access for Somerset students: $2,395
- Afterschool clubs at Somerset: $12,730.
- 8 Chromebooks needed for Somerset students: $2,016
- 6 two-way radios needed at Sequoyah Elementary to support school safety: $2,114
This post contains Frequently Asked Questions about the FieldTurf surface on the field at Somerset, which was supported by the Foundation through the Play It Forward campaign. The information here integrates current data and facts about the field with the original FAQ from the campaign. The campaign FAQ is unaltered here and is also preserved as a PDF in its original form.
Q. What kind of infill does the field have?
A. The field has an organic “cork granule” infill, compliant with MCPS policy. The infill was most recently checked in October 2018 and was confirmed as cork granule.
Q. What about the FieldTurf report on the MCPS website?
A. The October 2018 FieldTurf report that was originally posted had the wrong data from FieldTurf, and has been replaced. The corrected report is available via the MCPS Google Drive, but is also available here as a PDF.
10:30-11:30AM – New Family Picnic
11:00AM-12:30PM – Kindergarten Picnic
9:00-9:30AM – New Family Orientation
9:30-10:00AM – Kindergarten Orientation
10:30-11:30AM – Sneak Peek for Students and Parents
9:00-10:00AM – Parent Welcome Coffee for First Day
6:30-8:30PM – K-2 Back to School Night
September 17 or 18
6:30-8:00PM – 3-5 Back to School Night
6:00PM – Dad’s Baseball Game
5:00-7:00PM – Back to School Picnic
Back to School Classic Road Race
6:30-8:00PM – PTA General Membership Meeting / State of the School
Attached are pictures by grade level (K-2), of the students who had perfect attendance all summer and received a backpack full of school supplies.